CCNA 1 Chapter 1 Exam Answers
1. The console port can be used for which of the following? (Choose three.)
routing data between networks.
connecting one router to another.
2. Which of the following devices are used in the construction of a WAN? (Choose three.)
3. Several Ethernet hosts on a LAN need the gateway services of a Cisco 2500 series router. Which of the following would be needed to physically connect a router to all of the hosts on the LAN? (Choose two.)
a crossover cable between the transceiver on a router and a switch.
a crossover cables between a switch and hosts on a LAN.
a straight-through cable between the auxiliary port on a router and a switch.
a rollover cable between the console port on a router and a switch.
straight-through cables between a switch and hosts on a LAN.
a straight-through cable between the transceiver on a router and a switch.
4. What do routers use to select the best path for outgoing data packets?
5. During the initial configuration of a 2600 series Cisco router, which cable is required for connecting a PC to the console port?
6. An internetwork must include which of the following? (Choose three.)
dynamic or static routing.
consistent end-to-end addressing.
7. Which of the following tasks can be accomplished through a management connection on a router? (Choose three.)
monitoring the system.
capturing LAN data packets.
configuring the router.
routing data packets.
8. Which of the following descriptions are true regarding the management connections on a Cisco router? (Choose three.)
They are non-network connections.
They are used to connect the router to the rest of the production network.
They are synchronous serial ports.
They are used for initial router configuration.
They are asynchronous serial ports.
They are accessed using their assigned IP address.
9. Which of the following are functions of RAM? (Choose three.)
contains startup configuration file.
stores routing table.
holds fast switching cache.
retains contents when power is removed.
stores running configuration file.
10. Which of the following are true regarding router interfaces? (Choose three.)
provide temporary memory for the router configuration files.
connect the router to the network for packet entry and exit.
can be on the motherboard or a separate module.
hold the IOS image.
connect the router to LANs and WANs.
11. Terminal emulation software, such as HyperTerminal, can be used to configure a router. Which of the following HyperTerminal options shown in the graphic are correctly set to allow configuration of a Cisco router? (Choose three.)
bits per second.
12. Which of the following are functions of NVRAM? (Choose two.)
stores the routing table.
retains contents when power is removed.
stores the startup configuration file.
contains the running configuration file.
stores the ARP table.
13. What contains the instructions that a router uses to control the flow of traffic through its interfaces?
14. A router is composed of many internal components. Which of the following components stores a copy of the router’s configuration file?
read only memory.
non-volatile random access memory.
15. Which basic components do a router and a standard desktop PC have in common? (Choose three.)
16. Which of the following layers of the OSI model are incorporated in WAN standards? (Choose two.)
data link layer.
17. ABC Company just purchased three new routers to start their company network. Which items are needed to establish a terminal session between a PC and the router for the initial configuration? (Choose three.)
terminal emulation software.
RJ-45 to DB-9 connector.
18. Select the statements that correctly describe flash memory in a 2600 series router? (Choose two.)
holds the startup configuration by default.
can be upgraded with single in-line memory modules.
stores Cisco IOS software images.
stores routing table information by default.
maintains the only copy of an IOS image after the router is booted.
19. Which of the following describes the function of a WAN?
connects peripherals in a single location.
connects multiple networks in a single building.
provides connectivity on a LAN.
provides connectivity over a large geographic area.
20. Why is a console connection to a router or switch preferred when troubleshooting? (Choose two.)
can be accessed remotely.
does not depend on network services.
displays startup and error messages by default.
does not require special components.
No related posts.