CCNA 3 Final Exam Answers (1)
1. Refer to the exhibit. The Fast Ethernet port Fa0/1 on the switch is configured for auto-negotiate speed/duplex settings, and the NIC on the machine is set to 100 Mbps, full-duplex. The log error message shown has been received. What two solutions could fix the problem? (Choose two.)
Configure the switch manually for auto-negotiate speed/duplex and the NIC on the machine for 100 Mbps, half-duplex.
**Configure both sides of the link for auto-negotiate speed/duplex settings.
**Manually configure both sides of the link for 100 Mbps, full-duplex.
Manually configure the switch for 100 Mbps, full-duplex, and the NIC on the machine for auto-negotiate.
Manually configure the switch for 1000 Mbps, full-duplex, and the NIC on the machine for auto-negotiate.
2. Refer to the exhibit. Both switches are interconnected via a trunk link. Host A and Host B are on the default VLAN but are not able to exchange traffic. What should be done to fix the problem?
Allow all VLANs on the trunk link.
**Configure the same native VLAN on both ends of the trunk.
Include a router or switch with Layer 3 capabilities.
Remove the native VLAN from the trunk.
Configure ISL encapsulation on both ends of the trunk.
3. What are two benefits of the IEEE 802.11n standard? (Choose two.)
requires less equipment
hardware upgrade for compatibility
**increased data rates
4. Refer to the exhibit. Switch SW2 has been newly purchased and added to the network. What configuration should be applied to SW2 so that it participates in the same VTP domain as switch SW1, receives VLAN information from SW1, and synchronizes VLAN information?
Configure SW2 as a VTP server with a higher revision number.
**Configure SW2 as a VTP client.
Configure SW2 in VTP transparent mode.
Configure SW2 with no VTP domain password.
Disable VTP pruning on SW2.
5. Refer to the exhibit. All hosts are in listen mode. Host 1 and Host 4 both transmit data at the same time. How do the hosts respond on the network? (Choose two.)
Hosts 1 and 4 may be operating full duplex so no collision will exist.
The hub will block the port connected to Host 4 to prevent a collision.
**After the end of the jam signal, a backoff algorithm is invoked.
Hosts 1 and 4 are assigned shorter backoff values to provide them priority to access the media.
**If a host has data to transmit after the backoff period of that host, the host checks to determine if the line is idle, before transmitting.
6. Refer to the exhibit. Which statement is true regarding the information shown?
Only one VLAN is currently configured to use the trunk links.
Inter-VLAN routing is not functioning because the switch is still in the process of negotiating the trunk link.
**Interfaces gi0/1 and fa0/1 are carrying data from multiple VLANs.
The interfaces shown are shut down.
7. Refer to the exhibit. After the listed commands are entered into router R1 and switch S1, the administrator enters the show interface fa0/1 trunk and gets the results shown. What is the likely problem?
The trunk is established, but no VLANs have been configured to use it.
**The trunk has not been established because the router does not support dynamic trunking protocol.
The router, the switch, or both must be configured with the dynamic desirable option for dynamic trunking protocol to establish a trunk.
The router is missing the dynamic trunking protocol statements necessary to form a trunk.
8. Refer to the exhibit. Which device is the authenticator?
9. What three radio frequency bands are designated by the ITU-R as unlicensed for industrial, scientific, and medical (ISM) communities and are therefore supported by IEEE 802.11? (Choose three.)
10. What three tasks should be performed before moving a Catalyst switch to a new VTP management domain? (Choose three.)
**Verify that the new switch has a lower configuration revision number than the other switches in the domain.
Reset the VTP counters to allow the switch to synchronize with the other switches in the domain.
Download the VTP database from the VTP server in the new domain.
Configure the VTP server in the domain to recognize the BID of the new switch.
**Select the correct VTP mode and version.
**Configure the switch with the name of the new management domain.
11. Which three configurations are required to allow remote access to a switch using the telnet command? (Choose three.)
**vty line password
console line password
HTTP server interface authentication
**IP address of the switch on the management VLAN
duplex and speed on the Ethernet port used for the connection
12. What are three benefits of a hiearchical network design model? (Choose three.)
13. Refer to the exhibit. The network administrator has added VoIP telephones and a VoIP gateway computer to the existing switch infrastructure, and then created the VLANs. What must be done to converge the network?
Combine all traffic except management traffic to a single VLAN.
Combine all traffic including management traffic to a single VLAN.
Use Layer 3 switching to combine the voice and data traffic at S1.
**The network is already converged.
Implement a common IP addressing scheme for both VoIP phones and PCs.
14. Refer to the exhibit. R1 is configured for traditional inter-VLAN routing. R1 can ping Pc3 but cannot ping Pc1. What is a possible cause for this failure?
**S1 port fa0/11 is in the wrong VLAN.
Pc1 IP address is incorrect.
R1 does not have an active routing protocol.
Router interface fa0/0 has the wrong trunk encapsulation type configured.
15. Refer to the exhibit. A new host needs to be connected to VLAN 1. Which IP addresses should be assigned to this new host?
16. Refer to the exhibit. Each switch is shown with its MAC address. Which switch will be elected as the spanning-tree root bridge if the switches are configured with their default priority values?
17. Refer to the exhibit. All switches are configured with rapid PVST+. Port Gi0/2 on S2 is the root port. A network administrator issues the spanning-tree link-type point-to-point command on port Gi0/1 for switch S2. What is the result of this command?
**If the link between D1 and C1 fails, port Gi0/2 on S2 rapidly transitions to the forwarding state.
PortFast is enabled on Gi0/2 on S2.
Port Gi0/2 on S2 becomes a designated port.
Broadcast packets are restricted on the link between S2 and D1.
Port Gi0/2 on S2 becomes an edge port.
18. Refer to the exhibit. The switches are configured for VTP as shown. Which two statements correctly describe the operation of these switches? (Choose two.)
A new VLAN can be added to Switch1 and that information will be added only to Switch2.
An existing VLAN can be deleted from Switch2 and that VLAN will be deleted from Switch1 and Switch4.
A new VLAN can be added to Switch4 and that information will be added to Switch1, Switch2, and Switch3.
**A new VLAN can be added to Switch1 and that information will be added to Switch2 and Switch4.
A new VLAN can be added to Switch3 and that information will be added to Switch1, Switch2, and Switch4.
**An existing VLAN can be deleted from Switch4 and that VLAN will be deleted from Switch1 and Switch2.
19. Refer to the exhibit. A host attached to port Fa0/3 of the switch can communicate with the host connected to port Fa0/16, but cannot communicate with the host connected to port Fa0/2. What could account for this failure?
Fa0/3 is down.
The trunk link to the router is down.
**The VLAN0010 network address is missing from the routing table.
Fa0/2 has been assigned to the administrative VLAN.
The router does not have a functional routing protocol installed.
20. A network administrator wants to add a new switch to the existing VTP domain. The new switch will have a VLAN that the administrator does not want visible to any other switches. All other VLANs should be visible on all switches, and all VLANs should be visible to the new switch. Which solution meets the requirements with the least administrative effort?
Add the switch in server mode. After all VLANs have propagated to the new switch, change the trunked link to access mode. Add the private VLAN to the new switch.
Add the switch in server mode. Add an extended range VLAN to the new switch as the private VLAN.
Add the switch in server mode. Add the private VLAN to the new switch. Enable VTP pruning and ensure that no ports are placed in the private VLAN on any other switches.
**Add the switch in client mode. After the existing VLANs have propagated, change the switch to transparent mode. Add the private VLAN.
Add the switch in VTP transparent mode. Manually add all VLANs to the switch.
21. Refer to the exhibit. Host A sends a broadcast message. Which devices will see the broadcast?
Host B and the router
**Host C and the router
the router, Host C, and all the hosts connected to Hub1
22. Refer to the exhibit. Which three options correctly identify information that could be associated with this output?(Choose three.)
An IP address should be applied to FastEthernet3/0/0 for correct data routing.
**Standardized trunking protocol is used.
A shutdown command has been applied to interface FastEthernet3/0/0.
**The configuration is appropriate for a router-on-a-stick network design.
**Interface FastEthernet3/0/0 is subinterfaced.
Interface FastEthernet3/0/0.3 is mapped to the default administrative VLAN.
23. Refer to the exhibit. Spanning-tree port priorities are listed beneath each interface. The network administrator enters the spanning-tree vlan 1 root primary command on S4. Which three port results are correct? (Choose three.)
**S1 Gi0/1 becomes a root port.
S3 Gi0/1 becomes a non-designated port.
S4 Gi0/1 becomes a root port.
**S4 Gi0/2 becomes a designated port.
S2 Gi0/2 becomes a non-designated port.
**S1 Gi0/2 becomes a non-designated port.
24. Refer to the exhibit. Switches C1, D1, D2, and S2 have all been configured with RSTP. S1 and S3 are not capable of rapid PVST+ and are in the default configuration. What three implications does this have for the Layer 2 network? (Choose three.)
Because S1 and S3 are not trunking, they have no spanning-tree instance.
A topology change BPDU from C1 forces the uplinks on S1 and S3 to stop forwarding traffic for twice the forward delay time.
**Port Gi0/1 on D1 and port Gi0/1 on D2 become designated ports.
**Loss of the root port link on S2 causes a rapid transition to non-designated port on S2.
**PortFast can be enabled on all ports on S1 and S3.
Gi0/1 on S1 and Gi0/1 on S3 become designated ports.
25. Refer to the exhibit. The network administrator enters the configuration shown to allow both SSH and Telnet connections to the switch. The Telnet connections fail. What is the most likely cause of this problem?
The SSH version number is wrong.
**SSH has been configured on the wrong line.
The transport input command is configured incorrectly.
Telnet and SSH cannot be configured simultaneously.
26. Refer to the exhibit. On the basis of the configuration shown, how will an Ethernet frame on port GigabitEthernet0/1 be modified?
802.1Q encapsulation prepends a 4-byte tag field in front of the original Ethernet frame and recomputes the frame check sequence (FCS) on the modified frame.
**802.1Q encapsulation inserts a 4-byte tag field into the original Ethernet frame between the source address and type or length fields.
802.1Q encapsulation prepends an 802.1p field in front of the original Ethernet frame and recomputes the frame check sequence (FCS) on the modified frame.
802.1Q encapsulation inserts an 802.1p field into the original Ethernet frame between the source address and type or length fields.
27. Refer to the exhibit. Which two statements are true regarding what the cost value of 23 represents for Switch4? (Choose two.)
**This cost represents the lowest cost path for Switch4 to the root switch.
A cost of 23 is the value being advertised out port 16 on the switch upstream (closer) to the root switch.
Switch4 adds the cost of a Fast Ethernet link to 23 to determine its total cost to reach the root switch.
**Switch4 is connected via a Fast Ethernet link to an upstream switch that in turn is directly connected to the root switch via a Gigabit Ethernet link.
The root switch is advertising a cost of 23, which is lower than any other switch in the VLAN0001 spanning-tree domain.
28. Which two statements describe Spanning Tree Protocol? (Choose two.)
**It eliminates Layer 2 loops in network topologies.
It eliminates the need for redundant physical paths in network topologies.
**It can only be used in networks in which Layer 2 switching is in use.
It can only be used in networks where both routers and switches are used together.
It can only be used in networks where routers are installed.
29. Refer to the exhibit. What three statements describe why Host1 and Host2 are unable to communicate? (Choose three.)
**A router is required to forward traffic between the hosts.
**The switch ports are on different VLANs.
The VLAN port assignments must be contiguous for each VLAN.
The host default gateway addresses must be on the same logical network.
The switch IP address is on the wrong subnet.
**The hosts are configured on different logical networks.
30. What happens when the crypto key zeroize rsa command is entered on a switch configured with the transport input ssh command on the vty lines?
A new RSA key pair is created.
The switch defaults to allowing Telnet connections only.
The switch is no longer able to make SSH connections as an SSH client.
**The switch allows remote connections only after a new RSA key pair is generated.
31. How can the SSID for a wireless network connection be verified?
From the Network Connections menu, choose Add Wireless Network.
From the Network Connections menu, choose Properties.
**From the Network Connections menu, choose View Wireless Network.
From the Network Connections menu, choose Support.
32. In which mode is a VTP switch operating if it has been configured to only forward VTP advertisements?
33. Refer to the exhibit. Two Catalyst switches are connected, and both switches have ports configured for VLANs 40 and 50 as shown. What will allow hosts on the same VLAN to communicate with one another across the different switches?
34. Which statement regarding the service password-encryption command is true?
It is configured in privileged EXEC mode.
It encrypts only line mode passwords.
**As soon as the service password-encryption command is entered, all currently set passwords formerly displayed in plain text are encrypted.
To see the passwords encrypted by the service password-encryption command in plain text, issue the no service password-encryption command.
35. Refer to the exhibit. What does "FORWARDING" mean in the command output shown?
The switch is receiving BPDUs, but not sending data frames.
The switch is participating in an election process by forwarding the BPDUs it receives.
**The switch is sending and receiving data frames.
The switch is receiving BPDUs and populating the MAC address table, but not sending data.
36. Why is it important that the network administrator consider the spanning-tree network diameter when choosing the root bridge?
The cabling distance between the switches is 100 meters.
The network diameter limitation is 9.
Convergence is slower as the BPDU travels away from the root.
**BPDUs may be discarded because of expiring timers.
37. Refer to the exhibit. Hosts PC_A and PC_B send traffic simultaneously, and the frames from the transmitting stations collide. How far is the collision propagated?
38. Which method establishes an administrative connection to the wireless access point?
Associate with the access point and then open a HyperTerminal session with the access point.
Physically connect to the access point and then reboot the computer to launch the configuration software.
**From a computer in the same IP subnet as the access point, enter the default IP address of the access point in a web browser.
Modify the TCP/IP properties of the computer connected to the access point so that it exists on the same network, and then reboot your computer to establish a connection.
39. Refer to the exhibit. All the VLANs configured on S2 are present on S1 but not S3. All switches are set to VTP server mode and have identical VTP domain names configured. What is the likely problem?
**The connection from S1 to S3 is not trunking.
S3 does not have a management VLAN configured.
The VLAN 99 interface on S3 is in a different subnet than S1 and S2.
S3 was joined to the network with a lower revision number than S1.
40. Refer to the exhibit. All devices in the network are interconnected via trunk links with VTP pruning enabled on all three switches. Which VLANs will be pruned from switch SW3?
**VLAN 10 and VLAN 20
VLAN 1, VLAN 10, and VLAN 20
VLAN 1, VLAN 1002 through 1005
VLAN 1, VLAN 10, VLAN 20, VLAN 1002 through 1005
41. Refer to the exhibit. A packet is received on the FastEthernet 0/1 physical interface from VLAN 1. The packet destination address is 192.168.1.85. What will the router do with this packet?
The router will ignore the packet because the source and destination are on the same broadcast domain.
The router will forward the packet out interface FastEthernet 0/1.1.
**The router will forward the packet out interface FastEthernet 0/1.2.
The router will forward the packet out interface FastEthernet 0/1.3.
The router will drop the packet since no network that includes the source address is attached to the router.
42. Refer to the exhibit. Switch SW2 was tested in a lab environment and then inserted into a production network without reloading its configuration. After the trunk link between SW1 and SW2 was brought up, all users lost connectivity to the network. What could be the source of the problem?
**The newly inserted switch has a higher VTP server revision number, which caused the VLAN information in the VTP domain to be deleted.
The newly inserted switch has pruning enabled, which causes pruning of all VLANs from the trunk port.
The newly inserted switch received more VLANs from a connected switch than the switch can support.
Switches can exchange VTP information only through an access link.
43. Refer to the exhibit. What is the consequence if SW1 port F0/0 is configured as an edge port?
SW1 port F0/0 transitions to the learning state.
**SW1 port F0/0 can generate a temporary loop while in the sync state.
SW1 port F0/0 becomes a non-designated port.
SW1 port F0/2 no longer passes BPDUs to SW4.
SW4 port F0/10 is forced into the blocking state.
44. Refer to the exhibit. An Ethernet switch has developed the CAM table shown. What action will the switch take when it receives the frame shown at the bottom of the exhibit?
**forward the frame out all interfaces except Interface3
add station 00-00-3D-1F-11-05 to Interface2 in the forwarding table
forward the frame out Interface3
discard the frame
forward the frame out all interfaces
forward the frame out Interface2
45. Power over Ethernet (PoE) allows the switch to provide power to which two types of devices? (Choose two.)
**wireless access points
46. Refer to the exhibit. Three new VLANs have been configured to improve the performance of the network. Host A would like to send a frame destined to Host B. Which statement is true about the process of sending the frame?
Host A sends an ARP request to the default gateway configured for VLAN10 to resolve destination MAC to IP address mapping. Then the frame is sent to switch SW1 only to switch the traffic to Host B.
**Host A sends an ARP request to the default gateway for VLAN10 to resolve destination MAC to IP address mapping. Then the frame is sent to router R1 to route the traffic to the appropriate VLAN.
Host A broadcasts an ARP request to the members of all VLANs. If none of the hosts replies with a corresponding IP address, the frame is dropped.
Because Host A and Host B are connected to the same switch SW1, Host A forwards the frame to Host B directly.
47. Which command finds the next available parameter for the SwitchX# clock command with the fewest keystrokes?
SwitchX# clock then Tab
SwitchX# clock then Ctrl-P
**SwitchX# clock ?
SwitchX# clock then "help"
48. Which three statements are true regarding router-on-a-stick inter-VLAN routing? (Choose three.)
makes troubleshooting the inter-VLAN routing configuration much less complex than when using multiple physical interface
**requires the use of subinterfaces on the router
requires each subinterface to be configured with the no shut command
**can impact performance if many VLANs compete for bandwidth on a single router interface
requires an access link between the router and Layer 2 switch
**more cost-efficient and scalable than using multiple physical interfaces
49. Refer to the exhibit. Two switches, SW1 and SW2, are interconnected via a trunk link. Host A is on the native VLAN. How does untagged traffic coming from Host A traverse the trunk link?
SW1 tags the traffic with the lowest VLAN ID value and forwards it over the trunk link.
SW1 tags the traffic with the highest VLAN ID value and forwards it over the trunk link.
**The untagged traffic is forwarded as part of the native VLAN.
The untagged traffic is dropped because the trunk forwards only tagged frames.
SW1 encapsulates the traffic with 802.1p encapsulation and forwards it over the trunk link.
SW1 encapsulates the traffic with 802.1Q encapsulation and forwards it over the trunk link.
50. Refer to the exhibit. What encryption algorithm does the 802.11i standard employ for data encryption?
51. A network administrator is tasked to select hardware to support a large enterprise, switched network. The system requires redundant backplane interconnections between eight high port density switches. Which hardware solution would be appropriate for this enterprise?
fixed configuration switches
uplink capable switches
link aggregated switches
52. Refer to the exhibit. Which switch will be elected as the root bridge of the spanning tree topology?
53. What two methods can be used to remove MAC address table entries from a switch? (Choose two.)
**Power cycle the switch to clear all dynamically learned addresses.
The clear switching-tables command will remove statically configured entries.
**The clear mac-address-table command will remove statically and dynamically configured table entries.
The erase flash command will clear all statically configured table entries.
Statically configured MAC addresses will automatically be removed from the address table 300 minutes after the last activity on a switch port.
54. Which three statements are correct concerning the default configuration of a new switch? (Choose three.)
VLAN1 is configured with a management IP address.
**All switch ports are assigned to VLAN1.
Spanning Tree Protocol is disabled.
**All interfaces are set to auto.
Enable password is configured as cisco.
**The flash directory contains the IOS image.
55. An access point supports both the 802.11g and 802.11b standards. A device that supports only 802.11b attempts to connect to the access point. What happens to the connection?
The network does not connect unless the user is within line of sight of the access point.
**The access point and all other connected users defer to the 802.11b standard.
The access point always maintains the higher standard and automatically upgrades the 802.11b device to the 802.11g speed.
Each user gets the speed supported by the wireless NIC on their mobile device.
56. Refer to the exhibit. The hosts connected to switch SW1 are not able to communicate with the hosts in the same VLANs connected to switch SW2. What should be done to fix the problem?
Introduce a Layer 3 device or a switch with Layer 3 capability in the topology.
**Reconfigure the trunk port on switch SW2 with static trunk configuration.
Configure VLANs with different VLAN IDs on switch SW2.
Trunk mode can be configured on Gigabit Ethernet interfaces only.
57. What two tasks must be performed when deleting an entire VLAN? (Choose two.)
Delete the vlan.dat file from flash.
Reboot the switch in order for the changes to take effect.
**Use the negative form of the command that was used to create the VLAN.
**Reassign the switch ports from the deleted VLAN to other VLANs if they are to be used.
Use the erase vlan command in global configuration mode.
58. How does an Ethernet switch handle traffic if the shared memory buffers and the port memory buffers are full?
The switch allocates additional buffers in NVRAM.
The switch defragments the frame and stores it in NVRAM.
The switch routes the packet to the destination port.
**The switch drops the traffic.
No related posts.