1. What does the demarcation point represent in data communication physical circuits?
DTE/DCE interface on the device connecting to the Internet
location of the firewall or router
physical point at which the public network ends and the private customer network begins
tag assigned to the physical block where a cross-connect occurs
2. Refer to the exhibit. Which statement is true about PPP operation?
Layer 2 is down.
LCP, IPCP, and CDPCP negotiations are in progress.
Only the link-establishment phase completed successfully.
Both the link-establishment and network-layer phase completed successfully.
3. Which three statements are true regarding LCP? (Choose three.)
It is responsible for negotiating link establishment.
It negotiates options for Layer 3 protocols running over PPP.
It uses MD5 encryption while negotiating link establishment parameters.
It terminates the link upon user request or the expiration of an inactivity timer.
It can test the link to determine if link quality is sufficient to bring up the link.
It monitors the link for congestion and dynamically adjusts the acceptable window size.
1. Which two statements are true about EXEC mode passwords? (Choose two.)
The enable secret password command stores the configured password in plain text.
The enable secret password command provides better security than the enable password.
The enable password and enable secret password protect access to privileged EXEC mode.
The service password-encryption command is required to encrypt the enable secret password.
Best practices require both the enable password and enable secret password to be configured and used simultaneously.
2. Which command line interface (CLI) mode allows users to configure switch parameters, such as the hostname and password?
user EXEC mode
privileged EXEC mode
global configuration mode
interface configuration mode
3. Which two statements about Layer 2 Ethernet switches are true? (Choose two.)
Layer 2 switches prevent broadcasts.
Layer 2 switches have multiple collision domains.
Layer 2 switches route traffic between different networks.
Layer 2 switches decrease the number of broadcast domains.
Layer 2 switches can send traffic based on the destination MAC address.
1. Hosts on two separate subnets cannot communicate. The network administrator suspects a missing route in one of the routing tables. Which three commands can be used to help troubleshoot Layer 3 connectivity issues? (Choose three.)
show ip route
show cdp neighbor detail
2. The routers in the diagram use the subnet assignments shown. What is the most efficient route summary that can be configured on Router3 to advertise the internal networks to the cloud?
22.214.171.124/26 and 126.96.36.199/27
188.8.131.52/23 and 184.108.40.206/23
220.127.116.11/24 and 18.104.22.168/24
3. A static route that points to the next hop IP will have what administrative distance and metric in the routing table?
administrative distance of 0 and metric of 0
administrative distance of 0 and metric of 1
administrative distance of 1 and metric of 0
administrative distance of 1 and metric of 1
1. What is the proper order of the layers of the OSI model from the highest layer to the lowest layer?
physical, network, application, data link, presentation, session, transport
application, physical, session, transport, network, data link, presentation
application, presentation, physical, session, data link, transport, network
application, presentation, session, transport, network, data link, physical
presentation, data link, session, transport, network, physical, application
2. Which two layers of the OSI model have the same functions as the TCP/IP model Network Access Layer? (Choose two.)
3. What device is considered an intermediary device?