1. Refer to the exhibit. A technician used SDM to enter the NAT configuration for a Cisco router. Which statement correctly describes the result of the configuration?
A user on the inside sees web traffic coming from 192.168.1.3 using port 8080.
The address 172.16.1.1 is translated into an address from the pool beginning with 192.168.1.3.
A user on the outside network sees a request addressed from 192.168.1.3 using port 80.
A user on the outside must address traffic to port 8080 to reach the address 172.16.1.1.
2. A network administrator wants to connect two IPv6 islands. The easiest way is through a public network that uses only IPv4 equipment. What simple solution solves the problem?
Replace the devices on the public network with devices that support IPv6.
Configure RIPng on the border routers of each IPv6 island.
Configure the routers to take advantage of dual-stack technology.
Use tunneling to encapsulate the IPv6 traffic in the IPv4 protocol.
3. How many bits of an IPv6 address are used to identify the interface ID?
1. Wireless users on a network complain about poor performance within a small area of a room. Moving away from this area in any direction improves performance dramatically. What is the first step in designing a solution to this problem?
This might be RF channel overlap, so the technician should verify the channels in use on each wireless access point and change to non-overlapping channels.
The RF power settings might be set too low on the wireless access points servicing the room. Increase the RF output power on all wireless access points.
Install a new wireless access point in this center area to provide coverage.
Verify that the wireless access points have sufficient in-line power and connectivity to the wired network.
2. Which network design process identifies where to place access points?
network protocol analysis
3. What will a wireless client transmit to discover the available WLAN networks?
1. A network administrator installed four new routers that are running RIPv2. Router1 is a boundary router in the RIPv2 network and has a default route configured. Once the network has converged, the network administrator enters Router1(config-router)# default-information originate on Router1. How will this affect the network?
prevents Router1 from forwarding updates about networks that are not directly connected
causes all routers in the network to synchronize routing updates with Router1
forces Router1 to become the primary or designated router (DR) for updates
propagates the default route to all routers in the network
2. What field was added to the RIP message header by RFC 1723 to add support for VLSM and CIDR?
destination port number
address family identifier
source and destination IP addresses
3. Refer to the exhibit. Which command on which router will allow Router1 to learn about the 192.168.0.0/20 network?
Router1(config)# ip classless
Router1(config-router)# no passive-interface serial 0/1/1
Router2(config-router)# version 2
Router2(config-router)# neighbor 10.0.0.2
1. Refer to the exhibit. A frame is being sent from the PC to the laptop. Which source MAC and IP addresses will be included in the frame as it leaves RouterB? (Choose two.)
source MAC – PC
source MAC – S0/0 on RouterA
source MAC – Fa0/1 on RouterB
source IP – PC
source IP – S0/0 on RouterA
source IP – Fa0/1 of RouterB
2. Which three factors should be considered when implementing a Layer 2 protocol in a network? (Choose three.)
the Layer 3 protocol selected
the geographic scope of the network
the PDU defined by the transport layer
the physical layer implementation
the number of hosts to be interconnected
3. What is the primary purpose of the trailer in a data link layer frame?
define the logical topology
provide media access control
support frame error detection
carry routing information for the frame