1. Which troubleshooting approach is suggested for dealing with a complex problem that is suspected of being caused by faulty network cabling?
divide and conquer
2. Refer to the exhibit. Users on the Internal LAN are unable to connect to the www server. The network administrator pings the server and verifies that NAT is functioning correctly. Which OSI layer should the administrator begin to troubleshoot next?
3. Refer to the exhibit. Which two steps should be taken during the process of creating network documentation? (Choose two.)
Record the information about the devices discovered in the Campus network only.
Record the information about the devices discovered in the entire network, including the remote locations.
Transfer any information about the devices from the network configuration table that corresponds to a component of the topology diagram.
Transfer only the Layer 2 and Layer 3 information about the devices from the network configuration table that corresponds to a component of the topology diagram.
Transfer the recorded information about the devices from the network configuration table gathered during peak network utilization that corresponds to a component of the topology diagram.
1. Refer to the exhibit. What parent network will automatically be included in the routing table when the three subnets are configured on Router1?
2. Refer to the exhibit. The network administrator has discovered that packets destined for servers on the 172.16.254.0 network are being dropped by Router2. What command should the administrator issue to ensure that these packets are sent out the gateway of last resort, Serial 0/0/1?
no ip classless
ip default-network 0.0.0.0
ip default-gateway 172.16.254.1
ip route 0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0 Serial 0/0/1
3. A network is converged and the routing tables are complete. When a packet needs to be forwarded, what is the first criterion used to determine the best path in the routing table?
the route with the smallest AD
the route with the longest address and mask match to the destination
the route with the highest bandwidth
the route with the best combination of AD and lowest cost
1. What is a primary role of the Physical layer in transmitting data on the network?
create the signals that represent the bits in each frame on to the media
provide physical addressing to the devices
determine the path packets take through the network
control data access to the media
2. Which type of cable run is most often associated with fiber-optic cable?
work area cable
3. In most business LANs, which connector is used with twisted-pair networking cable?